The Lady Bulldogs moved up one spot to tied at 6th with Ave Maria in the latest edition of the the NAIA Women's lacrosse Top 10 Poll. SCAD Savannah (Ga.) garners the No. 1 ranking for the fifth-straight week. The Bees claimed 7-of-8 first-place votes and 98 total points to remain at No. 1. The sixth regular-season poll is scheduled to release on April 4.
Top 10 Highlights
• The Bees of SCAD Savannah (Ga.) hold the No. 1 ranking for the 14th time in program history – the most among NAIA programs. Davenport (Mich.), which owned the No. 1 ranking in the 2016 postseason edition and 2017 preseason poll, is the only other program to list atop the poll since its establishment last season.
• SCAD Savannah is 6-1 on the year, including a 17-8 victory at No. 5 Georgetown (Ky.) last Saturday. The Bees return to the field Friday at NCAA Division II Newberry (S.C.).
• No. 2 Lawrence Tech (Mich.) received the other first-place vote and 92 total points. Similar to SCAD Savannah, the Blue Devils have held the perch for five-straight polls.
• No. 3 Davenport (Mich.) and No. 4 Indiana Tech swap places this week, while No. 5 Georgetown holds strong to make up the remainder of the top five.
• Davenport and No. 6 (tied) Tennessee Wesleyan were the only clubs to make positive movement in the poll, as both teams advanced one spot.
• There are no newcomers in the poll.
• Three of the four conferences are represented this week. The Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference leads the way with four programs – Lawrence Tech, Davenport, No. 4 Indiana Tech and No. 10 Siena Heights (Mich.).
• The ratings committee is comprised of eight raters – two raters per conference/A.I.I./group
• Each conference/A.I.I./group produces a conference rating from which raters will use to compile their national ballot. Only teams represented on the conference rating are eligible for the national ballot.
• Each rater will submit a top 15 ballot, which will be used to produce the Top 10 national rating and a list of other teams receiving votes.
• For the complete Top 10 calendar, click here.
2017 NAIA Women's Lacrosse Coaches' Top 10 Poll – No. 5 (March 28, 2017)
SCHOOL (1st place votes)
SCAD Savannah (Ga.) (7)
Lawrence Tech (Mich.) (1)
Ave Maria (Fla.)
Siena Heights (Mich.)
Dropped from the Top 10: none
Receiving Votes: Reinhardt (Ga.) 35; Benedictine (Kan.) 31; Missouri Baptist 30; Ottawa (Kan.) 24; Aquinas (Mich.) 13.